Dead. Dead and gone to pizza heaven! I whipped up a delicious calzone using simple two-ingredient dough (just flour and greek yogurt!) and stuffed it full of chicken, spinach, and ooey gooey cheeses.
You can use whatever filling you’d like with your dough but I wanted a little more bang for my points so I went with chicken as my protein. I combined it with creamy ricotta, Trader Joe’s lite mozzarella, garlic, and spinach for a big calzone bursting with flavor!
I served it with a little marinara for dipping – seriously perfection! The whole plate is just 9 Blue WW SmartPoints/10 Green WW SmartPoints. Enjoy!
- ½ c Gold Medal self-rising flour, 1 tbsp reserved for kneading
- ½ c plain fat-free greek yogurt
- 2 oz cooked chicken breast, diced or shredded
- ½ c baby spinach, roughly chopped
- ¼ c low fat ricotta cheese
- 1 oz Trader Joe's lite mozzarella cheese
- garlic powder
- ¼ c marinara sauce
- Preheat oven and pizza stone or cookie sheet to 500F.
- In a medium bowl combine flour and greek yogurt. Stir until well combined. Flour your work surface with the reserved flour and turn dough out onto the surface. Top dough with a little more flour and knead a few times until dough has formed a nice ball and is not sticky . Keep adding a little flour, if needed, to prevent sticking.
- Using a rolling pin (floured if it sticks) begin to gently roll dough out into a large circle. Continue rolling until the dough is about ¼ in thin.
- In another bowl combine chicken with ricotta, mozzarella, spinach, and a few dashes of garlic powder. Stir until well combined and then spoon mixture onto one side of the dough. Fold dough over filling and press edges firmly with a fork to seal or crimp a small amount of dough back over onto itself.
- Remove your preheated pan from the oven and use a large offset spatula to gently transfer your calzone to the pan. Return to oven and back for 12-15 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
- Serve with a side of marinara sauce. Enjoy!
1/4 c marinara sauce = 1 Weight Watchers Smart Point.
For multiple servings simply multiply the recipe by your desired number of servings!
Nutritional information is calculated with MyFitnessPal and may vary based on brands used. Smart Points information is calculated with the Weight Watchers app and may also vary based on brands used.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to share it on Instagram and tag me @rachelshealtyplate and use #rachelshealthyplate so I can see your creation!