These apples are probably my most popular recipe and for good reason – they are quick and simple to make, they’re zero Weight Watchers Smart Points (Z-E-R-O!!), the uses for them are endless, and, best part?! They TASTE LIKE PIE!
No seriously, they taste like pie!
All you need is two ingredients from your pantry and you can transform a regular ol’ apple into a heavenly zero point snack or dessert! I eat these a lot for breakfast – they’re great for yogurt parfaits or to top a waffle, pancakes, or bowl of oatmeal!
For dessert I love to use them for a makeshift apple crumble by adding some nuts and granola or crushed up graham crackers. Of course they are great topped with a scoop of ice cream too! My huband loves when I serve these as a side dish to pork – they’re great along side a pork chop, pork tenderloin, or even a brat and kraut!
Let me know your favorite way to use them in the comments below!
- 1 apple, diced into ½ inch pieces (peeled or unpeeled, I prefer peeled)
- ½ tsp corn starch
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1½ tsp water
- 1 packet stevia or sweetener of your choice (optional - I seldom use sweetener as the apple is sweet on it's own. This is best if you plan to use the apples for dessert!)
- Combine all ingredients into a microwave safe bowl, stir well.
- Microwave mixture for 2 minutes, until apples are cooked and ooey and gooey!
- If you want an even softer cooked apple, stir after two minutes and return to microwave for 1 more minute. Enjoy!
* If your apple is extra large you can double the amount of cornstarch and water.
* Use any apple variety you'd like - I typically use Fuji or Gala.
Nutritional information is calculated with MyFitnessPal and may vary based on brands used or produce size. Smart Points information is calculated with the Weight Watchers app.
I am so excited you are making one of my recipes and I would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to share it on Instagram and tag me @rachelshealtyplate and use #rachelshealthyplate so I can see your creation!