Welcome to #FriendFriday where each week I’ll be sharing a delicious recipe from one of my Instagram friends! I find so much inspiration and friendship in the Instagram community so I’m looking forward to sharing some of that here with you. I’m excited for you to get to know some of my friends, I know you will find them as motivational as I do! Be sure to find them on Instagram so you can follow their journey and find more of their delicious meal ideas!
Today you are meeting Jenni who is crushing WW and making amazing meals! She shares tons of great recipes on her Instagram page, @trackitlikeitshot. It must be #waffleweek here because today she is sharing her 2 smartpoint waffle recipe!
Hi, Jenni, tell us about yourself!
Hi! I’m Jenni from @trackitlikeitshot over on instagram! I live just north of Seattle and absolutely LOVE the pacific northwest (even though I was born in SoCal and still consider myself to be a California girl at heart). Fall is my favorite season and I am now in full on pumpkin spice mode! My husband and I are really into craft beer (he even homebrews), and we love visiting new breweries and sampling new brews! One of the things I love most about WW is that I can enjoy the things I love (like craft beer) and STILL stay on track! WW has also helped me rediscover my love of cooking! I plan out our meals for the week and try to incorporate at least 1 new recipe a week. I love being creative in the kitchen and serving delicious food to my friends & family. My favorite part is plating my food – I truly believe that the more beautiful your plate looks, the better your food will taste! I’ve actually learned a lot about plating & photographing my food from Rachel herself! Whenever I’m laying out my plate, napkin, etc, I always think “what would Rachel do?”.
What motivated you to change your lifestyle?
- ¼c Kodiak Cakes buttermilk mix (2 sp)
- ¼c unsweetened almond milk (0 sp)
- 1 egg (0 sp)
- ½ tsp baking powder (0 sp)
- 1 tb nonfat greek yogurt (0 sp)
- splash of vanilla, pinch of salt and dash of cinnamon (0 sp)
- Mix all ingredients together while preheating your waffle iron.
- Spray waffle iron generously with non-stick spry.
- Pour batter in waffle iron and cook according to your waffle iron instructions (I usually cook mine a few extra minutes to crisp up the outside)
- Top with syrup, nut butter, fruit (Rachel's APPLE BUTTER), or whatever your heart desires!
Note: You can use other flavors of Kodiak Cakes but the points value may change so be sure to check your nutrition labels.
Nutritional information is calculated with MyFitnessPal and may vary based on brands used. Smart Points information is calculated with the Weight Watchers app and may also vary based on brands used.